- Jessica Avery
Home Security is more than your home! Five ways to secure your out buildings.
Whether you have a garage, shed, or barn, these structures can often contain valuable items that are just as attractive to thieves as those found in your home. In this article, we'll be sharing five essential tips and tricks for protecting all areas of your property from unwanted intruders – so read on to find out how you can enjoy greater peace of mind when it comes to home security!
One solution for all spaces
There are many ways to secure your home, but one solution that can work for all spaces is a security system. A security system can be installed in your home, office, or other building to help protect you and
your belongings. It can also be used to monitor activity in and around your property.
Protect your car, ATVs, boats or camp
It's important to protect your investment in vehicles and recreational equipment. Here are some tips:
Always lock your doors and windows, even when you're home.
Invest in an alarm system for your home and/or garage.
Keep a clean and well-lit property. This will deter would-be thieves and also allow you to see suspicious activity more easily.
If you have a remote starter, use it to turn on your car or truck from inside the house so you don't have to go out to the driveway.
Consider installing security cameras around your property. This can act as a visual deterrent as well as help you identify any criminals should something happen.
When it comes to home security, it's important to remember that your property doesn't end at your front door. In fact, many burglaries and other types of crimes occur in out buildings like garages, sheds, and storage units. Here are five ways to help secure these often-forgotten areas:
1. Use a padlock: This is an easy and effective way to deter thieves from gaining entry into your out building. Be sure to choose a high-quality padlock that is resistant to picking and breaking.
2. Install motion-sensor lights: These can be a great deterrent for would-be criminals, as they will illuminate the area when someone approaches, making it easier for you or your neighbors to spot them.
3. Keep valuables out of sight: If you have any items of value in your out building, be sure to keep them hidden away and out of plain sight. Burglars are more likely to target areas where they can see what they're going after.
4. Get an alarm system: Alarm systems can be a great way to deter criminals and alert authorities if someone does break in. There are many different types of systems available, so be sure to do your research to find the one that best suits your needs.
5. Be vigilant: Perhaps the most important thing you can do to secure your out buildings is simply to be aware of what's going on around them.
Alliance Security Team can help you find a solution that works for you and your space. Contact us any time to set up a site visit or for more information about solutions that work with minimal bandwidth or can be custom fit for your garage or shed.